Freezing Potatoes








freezing potatoes

This weekend I freezer cooking. I mean, I do a lot of meals to store in the freezer to save me time, energy and money later in the month. And one of the things that I recently added to the creek was the potato. freezing potatoes


Potatoes are filling, inexpensive meal. They are full of fiber and suggest that stick-to-your-ribs good food is so desirable during the winter. This season, freezing potatoes
 which are regularly available for about ten cents a pound or $ 0.98 per bag.

This is a bargain! And whoever wanted to use the freezer. So I took the opportunity to buy!

However,freezing potatoes sometimes the potatoes are funny in the freezer. I tried to make a soup with potatoes and potatoes in general develop a funny texture. Russets are not always friendly freezer cooking. However, there are ways to make it work.

Wash
Recently, I bought 30 pounds and proceeded to treat two freezer bags. I kept a bag for spontaneous kitchen.freezing potatoes

At the suggestion of a happy housewife, freezing potatoes I washed my hands in quick rinse in the dishwasher. Although it is completely removed, it took care of most of the work. I took a debugger to the little nooks and crannies.

Mixture
I prepared 10 pounds to peel and mash. My puree recipe is really a non-prescription. Sweet mash boiled potatoes until smooth.freezing potatoes Whisk the cream cheese 8 ounces to five pounds of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.

Then, divide the mixture into portions of point size, with butter, wrap in foil and freeze. When ready to serve, to thaw the bread overnight, then warm in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, depending on the cold, it will be with.freezing potatoes

Cook
I took a dozen pounds and baked. I prepared stuffed potatoes with half the potatoes and cut the remaining chips.

I'll cook the stuffed potatoes coated sheet for 30 minutes at 350 º. I'll cook home fries / chips in this recipe. You must make crispy and hot to really make it,freezing potatoes though. Costs is obviously better. However, when you're stuck for time or need to use up some potatoes, it works.

How are you?
Have you had good success with frozen potatoes? What was your experience?

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire

;